- Do something creatively inspiring every day, even if only for 5 minutes.
- Forgive yourself if you miss a day—and then get right back on the creativity horse.
- Cultivate an attitude of play when you’re writing, painting, singing or creating in any way.
- Let go of your inner perfectionist.
- Don’t blow off your muse, even if he/she starts tugging on your arm at an inopportune time.
- Share your creativity with people who appreciate it.
- Don’t listen to people who discourage you (including your inner critic).
- Believe you deserve to take time for your creativity, in spite of all the demands in your life.
- Enjoy the creative journey instead of focusing only on the destination.
- Realize that every time you make space in your life for creativity—even if it’s just a sliver of space—you’re making yourself a better person and the world a better place.
10 Resolutions for a Creative New YearPublished January 1, 2012 creative writing , Creativity , Inspiration , Top Ten / Top Five Lists , Writing 6 Comments
Tags: creative writing, Creativity, Inspiration, New Year's creativity resolutions, New Year's Resolutions, Writing